- We trust all guests will responsibly follow this guideline and take precautions to reduce the risk of spreading the COVID virus.
- Proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test are NOT required.
- If you are ill or feel ill, please do not enter the facility.
- We strongly encourage everyone to wear a mask while inside the venue.
- These policies are subject to change. If they do, we will update this event page and notify all ticket buyers.
Ives Three Places in New England
Schumann Concert Piece for Four Horns and Orchestra
Dvořák Symphony No. 8
Josep Caballé-Domenech Conductor
Naomi Chandler Spoon Horn
Sarah Ford Horn
Michael Yopp Horn
Jennifer Doersch Horn
About The Performance
This exciting and varied evening offers up the American master Charles Ives’ sonic ode, followed by Robert Schumann’s marvelously scored showpiece for four french horns. We conclude with Antonin Dvořák’s Symphony No. 8, resplendent in folk melodies and pastoral scenes reminiscent of Beethoven’s Sixth Symphony.
Join us for Colorado Springs Philharmonic Pre-Concert talks. Go behind the curtain and inside the score with these 30-minute pre-concert conversations featuring conductors and guest artists giving their take on the program. Talks begin one hour before performance time.